Welcoming a new person into the world is one of the most remarkable and fantastic experiences that we get to enjoy in life.
Our goal at Great Plains Health is to make this process as smooth and enjoyable as possible for everyone involved. When you first find out that you are pregnant, the to-dos can become overwhelming. Preparing yourself for the big day as well as getting all of the baby "stuff" ready may seem never-ending.
Congratulations on your pregnancy! This is a very special time for you and your loved ones. Great Plains Health is available to help with every step on your journey.
- As soon as you know that you are pregnant, make an appointment to see your doctor. Choosing a doctor is a very important step, finding a physician that fits your ideal bedside manner and communication style from the beginning will ensure all your needs are met.
- Make sure you are taking a prenatal vitamin.
- Most doctors like to see their patients between 8 and 12 weeks. At this time you will get an ultrasound, and your doctor will go over a lot of important information for a healthy pregnancy. You will also get your blood drawn.
- This is a time to ask any questions that you may have.
- Learn about first-trimester visits and tests.
- Prepare your personalized birth plan.
- Register for Prepared Childbirth and Breastfeeding 101.
- Begin tracking your baby’s activity.
- Learn about second-trimester visits and tests.
- Attend Prepared Childbirth.
- Attend Breastfeeding 101.
- Learn about third-trimester visits and tests.
- Keep track of your baby's movements.
- Select a caregiver for your child.
- Pack your bags for the big day.
- Get your car seat installed by a certified child passenger safety technician.
- Preregister for your hospital stay. Make sure the hospital has your current information and copies of insurance cards before you are admitted. You can preregister online or call 308.568.7105.
- Finalize your birth plan.