A birth and infant care center that revolves around you
Having a baby is one of life's most exciting and memorable moments. It can also be quite overwhelming. At Great Plains Health, our compassionate and expert physician and nursing team will help create an environment where you are not only cared for, but cared about.
Whether you are just beginning to think about becoming pregnant, trying to get pregnant or currently pregnant and awaiting childbirth, Great Plains Health has services designed to meet your needs.
We are dedicated to helping you feel at home and as comfortable as possible during your pregnancy and delivery. Each of our six birthing suites features warm, inviting décor, spa showers and in-room meal service. It is our goal to make your birthing experience safe and stress-free.
We are dedicated to helping you feel at home and as comfortable as possible during your pregnancy and delivery.
This beautiful and spacious floor is designed to optimize the birthing experience by featuring all private rooms centered on mothers, babies and their families. The modern design and enhanced services include:
- State-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms.
- Nebraska's first hospital to feature the GetWell network, an advanced patient interaction tool developed to bring individualized patient education to the bedside, improve communication with providers and prompt immediate responses from providers as patients have questions or concerns. The system also includes over 4,000 movies for our patients' viewing entertainment.
- New furniture designed to allow Mom and Dad a comfortable stay as they welcome their child into the world.
- Advanced safety features to ensure that infants are protected and secure.
- NICU rooms designed so that parents can stay with their premature infants until they are released.
- Large, comfortable family waiting areas.
- Family nutrition centers offering complimentary snacks while families wait to meet the new baby.
- Large windows and décor designed to bring the natural beauty of the outdoors inside.
- Decentralized nursing designed to provide nurses with more time at the bedside caring for patients.
- In-room meal service for patients and families.
- Valet parking.
- Free Wi-Fi.
Every pregnancy is different. Every woman is unique and every child is special. We work as a team to provide personalized patient and family-centered care based on your personal preferences and desires. And true to the Great Plains Health way, each and every family is treated with respect and given the care they deserve. For more information, please give us a call at 308.568.7373. We’d be happy to give a personalized tour and answer your questions.
Our highly trained nursing staff
Specialty-trained labor and delivery nurses include:
- Experienced NICU trained and certified nurses.
- An entire nursing staff who has completed and passed the neonatal resuscitation program (NRP) examination.
- International board-certified lactation consultants (IBCLC).
- Certified childbirth instructors.
- Certified Resolve Through Sharing counselors.
There is no higher priority than the health of our community. In effort to avoid potential exposure to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), most on-site classes have been postponed until further notice. In lieu of this, we urge all expectant families to register with our web-based tool gives you access to:
• Evidence-based education for labor and birth and breastfeeding
• A direct link to the CDC’s updates on coronavirus and pregnancy
• Multiple languages
Register for the program by clicking here (www2.customizedinc.com/childbirtheducation) and following the instructions. Once you have registered, you will receive an email invitation from email@example.com where you can create a unique password and login. If you do not receive the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Access to this program will be available through the end of May.
Physicians who deliver babies in North Platte:
- Janet Bernard, MD
- Jeffrey Brittan, MD
- Michael Bianco, MD
- Jason Citta, MD
- Wendy Gosnell, MD
- Chris Johng, MD
- Emily Jones, MD
- Benjamin Klug, MD
- Shawn Murdock, MD
- Amy Short, MD
Questions? Just fill out this form.