When you need heart surgery, staying close to family and friends is important—especially in the delicate weeks before and after your procedure.
That's why Great Plains Health Heart Institute partners with Bryan Heart in Lincoln, Nebraska. Bryan Heart's surgeons see patients here in North Platte for diagnosis and presurgery care. You'll be seamlessly transferred to Lincoln for surgery and then back home again for follow-up care in North Platte.
It's the best of both worlds: world-class expertise, hometown convenience.
Heart procedures we perform
Bryan Heart cardiothoracic surgeon, Robert Oakes, MD, has extensive experience with procedures involving the heart and blood vessels, including:
- Aneurysm surgery. This procedure repairs weak, bulging areas in blood vessels to help prevent a life-threatening rupture.
- Atherectomy. To help clear clogged arteries, surgeons use a catheter with a small blade to scrape plaque from blood vessel walls.
- Cardiac ablation. Surgeons create a pattern of scar tissue inside the heart to treat rhythm disorders like atrial fibrillation.
- Heart bypass surgery. This surgery creates a new pathway for blood to travel to avoid a blocked artery.
- Heart valve surgery. Surgeons can repair or replace the valves that control the flow of blood through your heart.
- Varicose vein surgery. Depending on your needs, several different surgeries can remove or close troublesome veins in the legs or elsewhere, where blood tends to pool.
Make an appointment
To talk with us about your upcoming surgery, call Great Plains Health Heart Institute at 308.568.8577.