Great Plains Health General Surgery proudly serves west central Nebraska, southern South Dakota and northern Kansas with expert general surgery. Known for their exceptional communications skills, our surgeons take time to answer questions and engage in your care, from consultation to surgery and through follow-up.
Featuring a team-based approached to care that includes you, your loved ones, primary care provider and surgeon
What is a general surgeon?
General surgeons specialize in treating conditions that affect the abdomen. That includes the:
- Small bowel
- Blood vessels
They may also perform specialty surgeries, such as bariatric surgery, enteroscopy and temporal artery biopsy.
Conditions we treat
- Acid reflux
- Biliary pathology
- Colon and rectal problems
- Abdominal pain
- Skin and soft tissue lesions
Minimally invasive surgery
Many of our surgeries use minimally invasive techniques. In these procedures, surgeons use smaller instruments than in traditional open surgeries. That means smaller incisions and less scarring. And it can lead to:
- Less blood loss during surgery
- Less postoperative pain and discomfort
- Shorter hospital stays
- A quicker recovery
- Bariatric surgery
- Advanced endoscopic procedures, including enteroscopy
- Trauma surgery
- Temporal artery biopsy
- Fistula procedures
- Esophageal manometry and interpretation
- Interpretation on capsule endoscopy
Meet our general surgeons
Our physician assistants (PAs) are vital members of the Great Plains Health General Surgery healthcare team.
Bryce Jarzynka, PA-C
Lisa Kopf, PA-C
Jeffrey Sylte, PA-C
- Gothenburg (one clinic per week)
- Cozad (one clinic per week)
- Imperial (two clinic per month)
- McCook (one clinic per week)
To make an appointment with one of our general surgeons, call our office at 308.568.3700.