Interventional radiology services are offered around the clock at Great Plains Health. Board-certified interventional radiologist Ladd Lake, MD, and his team offer the following procedures:
- Placement of IVC filters via femoral or jugular approach.
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis for acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Venefit closure procedure for chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
- Excel V laser sclerotherapy for cosmetic sequela of CVI.
- Fistulography for dialysis access maintenance.
- Tunneled catheters for dialysis access.
- Catheter-directed coil embolization for acute internal bleeding.
- Catheter-directed embolization for tumor therapy.
Spine and pain procedures
- Vertebroplasty of thoracic and lumbar vertebrae.
- Kyphoplasty for lumbar vertebrae.
- Sacroiliac joint injections.
- Large joint and bursa injections.
- CT-guided biopsy within the chest, abdomen, pelvis, or extremities.
- CT-guided drainage catheter placement (abscess).
- CT percutaneous tumor ablation.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy of the neck, breast, axilla or groin.
- Ultrasound-guided drainage placement for ascites or pleural effusion.