In our ongoing efforts to protect our patients and staff, we are limiting visitation. Effective Monday, June 8 we will implement the following visitor policy:
- There will be no visitors allowed for confirmed positive COVID-19 patients, those patients awaiting COVID-19 test results or other patients on isolation precautions.
- Visitation will be restricted for patients needing care that creates a risk to others, such as those on BiPAP or those on continuous high flow oxygen.
- Inpatient: One adult visitor during daily visitor hours 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Outpatient departments, clinics, Cancer Center and same day services will be allowed one support person to accompany the patient.
- Emergency department: One support person may accompany emergency department patients 24/7.
- Behavioral health services: One adult visitor during visitor hours 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
These existing guidelines continue:
- NICU and pediatric patients are allowed two parents 24/7
- Post-partum patients are allowed one support person upon admission, to remain through discharge.
- Special circumstances, such as end of life.
All visitors and support persons must
- Be age 19 or older.
- Pass a health screening, including a temperature check. Any visitor or support person that shows symptoms or has a temperature higher than 100 degrees, will not be allowed to visit or accompany the patient.
- Wear a mask. Visitors and support persons are asked to bring their own cloth mask or face covering to wear throughout their entire visit.
The cafeteria and coffee shop are closed to the general public, but open to individuals that are onsite to support a patient.
The health and safety of our patients and visitors is a top priority at Great Plains Health. We understand how important the support of loved ones and friends is to patients during their hospital stay. However, COVID-19 requires us to temporarily adjust our visiting policy in order to keep our patients and visitors safe from infection.
We continue to implement vigorous policies and procedures to address COVID-19 and are following all governmental recommendations as well. If you have any questions about the updated visiting policy, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team. Thank you for your understanding and for adhering to these policies to help us keep our patients, families, staff and visitors protected and healthy during this time.