To inspire health and healing by putting our patients first—always, is our mission at Great Plains Health. We believe that each patient is unique and deserving of respect and quality care. We're committed to making every patient's stay as comfortable as possible, and we know that patient satisfaction goes well beyond expected clinical accuracy.
Whether you are a patient or visiting a loved one, please feel free to ask questions, express concerns or offer compliments to well-deserving staff members. If your concerns are not immediately addressed, please don't hesitate to contact our patient experience officer. Backed by our entire team at Great Plains Health, the patient experience officer's role is to ensure that our patients and family members received a positive experience at Great Plains Health.
Your feedback is appreciated
During your stay with us, patient experience teams will visit your room daily. This team of employees (clinical and nonclinical) and volunteers works to ensure that we are exceeding your expectations and fulfilling your needs while you are a guest of Great Plains Health. Please feel free to ask them questions or make requests that would make your stay with us as comfortable as it can possibly be. You can also use our in-room Get Well Network to provide feedback during your stay with us. Our nurses will show you how upon your arrival.
We're committed to making every patient's stay as comfortable as possible.
Following your inpatient stay, you will be receiving a survey in the mail. If you feel we have provided excellent care or just want to offer helpful information that helps us continually improve, please fill it out and return. We would be most grateful for the feedback.
Great Plains Health is a Joint Commission accredited hospital. If you have any unresolved concerns about patient safety or quality of care, you may contact The Joint Commission through one of the following methods:
- Contact the patient advocate at 308.568.8300 or via the advocate email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit their website and use the report a patient safety event link in the action center
- By fax at 630.792.5636
- By mail to Office of Quality & Patient Safety; The Joint Commission; One Renaissance Blvd.; Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
The case management staff at Great Plains Health assists our patients and their families in dealing with the emotional, financial and social stressors that accompany illness and hospitalization. Case managers provide consultation throughout the hospital, for both inpatients and outpatients, and are available seven days a week. They are here to:
- Work with your insurance company and physicians on care coordination and are available to answer any questions regarding insurance matters.
- Assist patients and families with discharge planning, care coordination, financial concerns, advanced directives and identifying community resources.
- Assist with referrals to support groups, brief counseling and consultation in areas of child/elderly abuse, domestic violence and adoption.
- Answer questions regarding home health, hospice, skilled nursing facility and in-home caregiving.
- Assist with discussing do-not-resuscitate (DNR) wishes, living will and medical power of attorney.
To contact our case managers, call 308.568.8000 and ask the operator for case management.
Great Plains Health employs a full-time nondenominational chaplain who specializes in meeting the spiritual needs of our patients and patients' families during their healthcare journey. Chaplain Robin Storer is supported by a team of on-call chaplains who ensure that those who request spiritual services receive them. Chaplain services have been called on in times of crisis and trauma, before surgery or in quiet reflection.
Our chaplains visit different patients every day, but if you are interested in a particular day or time, please reach out to Chaplain Robin and his team by calling 308.568.8000 or dialing 0 from a hospital phone.