Closures and cancellations
- All elective, non-urgent surgeries have been suspended until May 1. This date is subject to change as the organization’s medical staff and executive leaders learn more about the impact of COVID-19 in the area.
- The billing office is closed to the public. If you have questions about your bill, please call 308. 568.7699.
- The Health Information Management office is also closed.
- Sleep studies are suspended until further notice.
- Cardiac screenings have been cancelled until further notice.
- Home Medical Equipment is closed until further notice. Staff will be on-call for emergent situations.
- Cafeteria, coffee shop, gift shop and valet services are all closed until further notice.
Visitor restrictions until further notice
In our ongoing efforts to protect our patients and staff, we are now restricting all visitors except under exceptional circumstances. Deference will be given to symptom-free visitors that are visiting patients in the labor and delivery or emergency departments, experiencing end-of-life or in intensive care. Whenever possible, the hospital asks that patients come to the hospital or clinics alone. In addition, our cafeteria, gift shop, valet services and coffee shop are closed until further notice.
We understand how important the support of loved ones and friends is to patients during their hospital stay. However, COVID-19 requires us to temporarily adjust our visiting policy in order to keep our patients and visitors safe from infection.
We continue to implement vigorous policies and procedures to address COVID-19 and are following all governmental recommendations as well. If you have any questions about the updated visiting policy, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team.
Arriving at Great Plains Health
Visitors arriving at Great Plains Health's hospital or clinics will be greeted by a door monitor or security personnel, who will ask the following questions:
- Have you washed your hands or used an alcohol-based sanitizer prior to your arrival today? If you have not, you will be asked to do so prior to entry.
- Do you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath that is new to you?
- Have you traveled outside any of the travel restricted areas in the last 14 days? Travel restrictions can be found at this link:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
- Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 that you know of in the last 14 days?
If you answer “YES” to questions 2 - 4, you may not visit. If you are seeking care, you will be required to put on a mask before entering. Visitors 14 and under may not visit at this time.
Credible resources for more information on COVID-19
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- West Central District Health Department