Support the mission of Great Plains Health Care Foundation. Invest in local healthcare.
Your gift is part of your legacy, a promise to the future of Great Plains Health and the health of the entire region.
A donation can be made as an outright cash gift, a multi-year pledge or a planned gift. Every gift the Foundation receives makes a difference in the ability to further the mission through enhancements in patient care and patient experience. In an effort to appropriately acknowledge donations at all levels of giving, the Foundation established giving clubs and donor programs to thank and recognize our generous investors, both annually and cumulatively. Foundation committees oversee the giving clubs and are charged with building better relationships with donors through events and improved communication.
Donors will be automatically recognized on the Foundation's donor wall, updated annually, in the lobby of Great Plains Health under the appropriate giving club, and will be notified of upcoming Great Plains Health and Great Plains Health Care Foundation events. Donors also receive the Foundation e-newsletter, published monthly.
Click on any of the giving program below for more information.
Cash gifts and pledges
Partners in Health
Partners in Health members show their support through annual gifts of $100 to $999.
Sandhills Club members show their support through gifts or pledges of $1,000 to $9,999.
The Legacy Circle was founded by Great Plains Health Care Foundation to promote ongoing support to Great Plains Health by recognizing individuals for their generous philanthropic gifts.
Membership in the Legacy Circle is extended to those who make an investment of $10,000, $25,000, $50,000 or more. It is suggested that this pledge be paid within five years, but may be extended up to 10 years if preferred, or through a payment schedule specified by the donor.
You are cordially invited to join the Legacy Circle. This influential group of community leaders will continue the tradition of healthcare excellence that was started over 40 years ago. Our gifts, combined with those of other giving club members, will significantly impact the quality of healthcare in the region by focusing on enhancing the patient experience through the purchase of medical equipment and technology as well as the growth of current and new service lines.
Please review this form and contact a Foundation staff to review your options to join the Legacy Circle. Legacy Circle Statement of Intent
Once cumulative giving reaches the $50,000 level, your name will also be listed as a member of the Unity Club on our donor wall.
In appreciation of your support, Great Plains Health will give special recognition to you as a Legacy Circle member.
As a Legacy Circle member, you will receive the following privileges:
- Legacy Circle member gift.
- Recognition on a permanent display featuring the names of members.
- Personal invitations to member social events and other GP Health events.
- Acknowledgment of your support in GP Health Care Foundation publications.
- Timely updates on GP Health services and activities.
The vital margin
The Legacy Circle contributions will help provide the vital margin that enables GP Health to be of service to you, your family and your community.
Additional information concerning the Legacy Circle and other donation opportunities are available from the Foundation office at 308.568.7411.
Friends of the Foundation
A Friend of the Foundation member is any business that makes a minimum annual gift of $1,000 to Great Plains Health Care Foundation. Participation in the Friends of the Foundation program signifies your company's commitment to supporting healthcare services for the region.
- Platinum: over $50,000.
- Gold: $25,000 to $49,999.
- Silver: $10,000 to $24,999.
- Bronze: $5,000 to $9,999.
- Friend: $1,000 to $4,999.
Business gifts of $10,000 or above made by sole business owners will be invited to attend Legacy Circle events.
- Friends of the Foundation members will be recognized on the donor wall under the Friends of the Foundation name in the lobby at Great Plains Health.
- Acknowledgement of your support will be listed on the Great Plains Health website.
- Receive a newsletter with Great Plains Health announcements and notification of Foundation events, to share with your employees.
- Annual recognition breakfast with GP Health CEO, administration and board members.
- Cumulative business gifts of $25,000 or more will be recognized on the donor wall as members of the Unity Circle.
- Opportunity to include a flyer, pamphlet, coupon or small gift in a Foundation sponsored welcome gift basket presented to new administration and physicians.
- Opportunity to provide discounts or special offers to hospital employees. This publication will be updated each quarter.
Additional gift opportunities
- Become a Great Plains Partner in Health by personally contributing $100 or more each year.
- Become a Sandhills Club member by personally contributing $1000 to $9,999.
- Become a Legacy Circle member by personally contributing $10,000 payable over a ten year period.
- Include Great Plains Health in your financial or estate plans and become a member of the Great Plains Benefactors.
- Encourage your employees to give back by starting a matching gift program.
Hospital Employees Reaching Out
What is the HERO Club?
Club members are GP Health employees and employed physicians who donate funds to Great Plains Health Care Foundation for specific projects at GP Health.
Why does the hospital need my support?
Many of us support charities of our choosing. We often forget, however, that the very hospital in which we work is dependent upon contributions to continue its own charitable mission to our community. Patient revenue and government reimbursement no longer cover all hospital costs. It has become common for hospital foundations to raise funds to assist in meeting the needs of patients through the purchase of equipment, technology and the funding of hospital programs.
How are projects determined?
New HERO funded projects are chosen each year by the employee giving committee from grant applications submitted by GP Health employees. The committee meets six times per year. Let us know if you'd like to join!
How can I demonstrate my support to the HERO Club?
By making a single donation or a payroll deduction of any amount. Payroll deduction gifts will continue each year and automatically support each new annual project.
All employees participating in the HERO Club will be recognized on the donor wall in the GP Health Cafe and on the Foundation website. Employees will also receive a specially designed HERO gift. A recognition event will be held each fall for club members.
To become a HERO and sign up for payroll deduction, please visit the Foundation Office, located in the main hallway between the cafe and coffee shop.
2017 HERO funded projects
- Heat on demand system to keep inpatient meals hot during delivery.
- QI technology program geared to enhance radiology testing and skill through immediate feedback from radiologists to technicians.
- I-Stat monitor at the GP Imaging Center so that patients can have lab tests done without making a preliminary trip to the hospital lab.
- Support of two educational training simulators for the sim lab at GP Health.
- Two software enhancements that will automatically download patient lab test results in the patient charts, eliminating the possibility of human error.
- Software which will allow digital images to be sent electronically through a secure system to other providers and organizations outside our community.
- Cart for the morgue in order to improve internal processes of caring for and transporting those departed.
- Clothing Closet for patients who need clothing upon dismissal from GP Health.
- Activity pillows for patients who experience anxiety or dementia during their inpatient stay.
Memorials and tributes
A gift in honor or in memory of a loved one or friend is a special way to pay tribute or celebrate a special occasion.
Donations may be made online or may be sent directly to the Foundation office at the address below.
The Foundation will send donors an acknowledgement gift and either the family (in the case of memorials) or honored person (in the case of tribute gifts) will also be notified of the gift. Your gift amount will be excluded.
Tribute gifts may be designated by the family or by the donor. If no designation is provided, the gift will support the current annual project identified by the Foundation Board of Directors.
A memorial book is kept in the chapel listing the honored person as well as those making a donation in their honor or memory. The book is updated quarterly.
Please send memorials to:
Great Plains Health Care Foundation
PO Box 1167
North Platte, NE 69103
We ask that you include the tribute name and address for the notification of gift. In the case of memorials, please also include the family member you wish to receive notification.
Touching Lives is a program of thanks and caregiver recognition for our patients, families and friends.
A simple note of thanks is an appreciated and meaningful way to recognize the exceptional care that you or a loved one received during your time with us. If anyone at Great Plains Health has exemplified our organization's values by making your health care experience special in any way, large or small, we would be honored to know. By sharing your note with us, we can pass the good news along to recognize and celebrate with that team member.
Gifts received from our patients help make it possible for us to provide the best care possible for all patients with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, programs and services. All gifts received will support the annual gift project identified by the Foundation Board of Directors.
You have benefited from the generosity of past patients and we hope that you will help further extend the quality of care that you have received to others. If you choose to make a Foundation donation through the Touching Lives program in honor of a caregiver, it may be tax-deductible.
Great Plains Benefactors
Creating a lasting legacy for regional healthcare.
An estate or planned gift is a way of managing your accumulated assets in the present while providing a written expression of their management and disbursement based on your intentions for the future. Often, estate planning may reduce estate and probate taxes allowing you to pass along more to your loved ones, while leaving a charitable gift honoring your legacy, with less to the government.
When considering a gift, it is important to consider your personal financial goals and how different types of gifts can best help you and your family meet those goals. Great Plains Health Care Foundation has offered general information below about planned giving. Consultation, however, with a qualified CPA, attorney or estate planner with specialized knowledge is always recommended.
How can I become a Great Plains Benefactor?
There are many different ways to become a benefactor. Membership is open to anyone, regardless of gift size, and can be made through any of the following qualified planned gift vehicles.
Benefit the Foundation now, through:
- Charitable gift annuity. In exchange for your irrevocable gift, the Foundation agrees to pay you, or a loved one, a fixed payment for life.
- Endowment fund. An endowment fund can be created with or without designation toward a specific service line or program.
- Direct giving. See Ways to Give for more information.
- Appreciated securities. Using securities you have held over one year, may help avoid a long-term capital gains tax and may allow you a larger deduction.
- Charitable lead trust. A trust provides the charitable beneficiary with payments for a set term of years. At the end of the term, assets are returned to the estate.
Benefit the Foundation later, through:
- Bequest in a will. You may name the Foundation to receive a specific amount or percentage of your estate after other obligations have been met.
- Charitable remainder trust. Make a future gift to the Foundation while receiving income during your lifetime.
- Life insurance. Name the Foundation as the beneficiary on your existing policy or transfer ownership of a policy to the Foundation.
- Retirement accounts. Naming the Foundation as the beneficiary for your retirement account may reduce income tax and/or estate liabilities.
- Real estate. Outright gifts of real estate may result in tax savings with a charitable income tax deduction or savings on capital gains tax.
Benefits of making a planned gift
There are many benefits in making a planned gift to Great Plains Health Care Foundation, which will sustain local, quality medical care, as you:
- Meet your personal philanthropic goals.
- Maintain or increase your income.
- Minimize your tax obligations.
- Maximize the impact of your gift.
Besides the tax-deductible contribution allowed by law, giving a gift as a Great Plains Benefactor includes:
- Recognition on a permanent display featuring the names of members (unless anonymity is requested).
- Personal invitations to the annual Great Plains Benefactor member event and other GP Health and Foundation events.
- Timely updates on GP Health services and activities.
The Unity Circle recognizes cumulative giving of donors who have gifted $25,000 or more during their lifetime. Great Plains Health Care Foundation is grateful to the donors who have supported the mission and have made a significant investment in local healthcare.
Tracking of Unity Circle members is automatic and donors will be notified when they reach this significant milestone. Permanent recognition is offered on the donor wall in the lobby at Great Plains Health.
Since its founding over 40 years ago, Great Plains Health has been dedicated to promoting health and healing to countless patients and their families.
Great Plains Health Care Foundation was formed to support this mission through generous gifts and donations from across the region. The role of the Foundation ensures that the mission is sustained and the healthcare services, facilities and technology we now offer are strengthened and expanded to meet the needs of present and future generations.
Why do you need my support?
The cost of providing exceptional healthcare continually increases due to the changing needs of our region. Because Great Plains Health is a not-for-profit hospital, the demand for new services and technology, and the increasing cost of providing care, cannot be supported by patient revenue alone. This is how annual gifts can make a significant difference. Each year, the Foundation Board identifies a project designated for annual gift support. Consider becoming an annual donor and enhancing the healthcare close to home.
Why should I participate?
As a Great Plains annual gifts member, you can share in the pride of knowing you are making a difference in supporting healthcare for our region. You will help provide Great Plains Health with additional resources needed to deliver the highest caliber of care to everyone who walks through the doors, from birth to their last breath.
Gifts to Great Plains Health Care Foundation are tax-deductible as permitted by law. Your participation not only benefits healthcare services, but also provides you with the following benefits as well:
- Annual members will be recognized on the donor wall in the lobby at Great Plains Health.
- Acknowledgement of your support will be listed in Foundation publications.
- You will receive personal invitations to Great Plains Health gatherings and special events.
- Each year, an annual social event will be held in honor of Partners in Health and Sandhills Club members.
Giving club recognition and membership is automatic, based on a donor's cumulative annual giving. Gifts to Great Plains Health Care Foundation are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
Check back for more information on the 2018 project, once identified by the Foundation Board of Directors.
Make a gift and become a Sandhills Club or Partner in Health member.