Patient care is impacted daily through gift to Great Plains Health Care Foundation
Our donors make a major impact on Great Plains Health Care Foundation funded programs. Whether through a gift toward a specific program or a general gift, the result is clear—lives are changed, and the health of our community is vastly improved.
Listed below are our most recent contributions to patient care. Please contact the Foundation if you are interested in making a contribution to a specific area.
- The successful completion of a $3.5 million emergency department fundraising campaign to expand and renovate the current emergency department at Great Plains Health. By reaching the $3.5 million goal, the Foundation was able to receive a $5 million challenge grant from Bill and Ruth Scott, grateful patients and generous philanthropists from Omaha, Nebraska.
- The purchase of 3-D mammography imaging technology.
- The purchase of an outreach treatment trailer for Great Plains Sports & Therapy at regional athletic and rodeo events.
- Installation of commissioned artwork throughout GP West, highlighted and incorporated into an art tour for patients and guests.
- The Get Well Network—an interactive patient education and communication system featured in the private patient rooms at Great Plains Health. This is the first system of its kind in Nebraska.
- A $1.3 million gift toward the purchase of a new state-of-the-art linear accelerator used for radiation oncology at the Callahan Cancer Center.
- Comprehensive funding for the Great Plains Gardens. The gardens include a Healing Garden for patients and visitors as well as a Gathering Garden for outdoor dining and events.
- An elliptical machine for Behavior Health Services.
- A treadmill for Cardiac Rehabilitation Services.
- Infant bereavement counseling training for staff.
- Patient lifts for Callahan Cancer Center.
- First aid training for student managers and coaches.
- Cardio check machine for cardiac screenings.
- Lift chair for hospice patients.
- Neurological sciences: Over $130,000 was raised at the 2011 Gala, Casino Royale. Funds were used to purchase new electroencephalogram video (EEG) equipment, additional computer monitoring equipment and software for sleep studies, and Telemedicine equipment for acute stroke treatment.
- Great Plains Heart & Vascular Center: Funds raised at our 2010 Gala supported the purchase of the Volcano Imaging System. The system is used in diagnosing and treatment planning for vascular blockages.
- Digital scales for congestive heart patients.
- Patients in need: Medication assistance, diabetes supplies and gas cards for transportation assistance.
- Footsteps Grief Camp.
- Grief classes.
- Hospice volunteer training.
- Cancer Survivor Day.