Located in the heart of the Midwest where values are strong and our spirit of accomplishment runs deep, Great Plains Health is the ideal place to balance your passion for medicine and patient care with your need to play outdoors and spend quality time with the ones you love.
Great Plains Health is a fully accredited, independent, 116-bed acute care regional medical center serving central Nebraska, northern Kansas and southern South Dakota. With 90 physicians representing nearly 30 medical specialties, the Great Plains Health system offers advanced healthcare including a heart and vascular center, a certified primary stroke center, cancer services and orthopedic surgery services. Great Plains Health is home to a level 3trauma center where all emergency room physicians are board-certified and residency trained in emergency medicine. The system employs more than 930 employees and serves a geographic area spanning approximately 16,000 square miles.
In addition to our regional referral center, Great Plains Health also includes 12 medical clinics, 16 outreach clinics throughout central Nebraska, Regency Retirement Center, Great Plains Health Care Foundation and Great Plains Home Medical Equipment.
Great Plains Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and home to an American College of Surgeons'-accredited cancer center and level 2bariatric surgery program.
We're ready to share our vision for healthcare and tell you about the many physician opportunities currently available in North Platte.
Comprehensive services for the region
Our service line offerings provide residents of central Nebraska with comprehensive medical care:
- Hospitalist program staffed with six internists serves as the base for specialty care with increased patient satisfaction and decreasing lengths of stay.
- State-of-the-art cardiac care with two full-time cardiologists available for 24/7 care, vascular surgery options and interventional services.
- Full range of neurology services including a certified primary stroke center and sleep lab.
- A spine center and advanced orthopaedic services featuring fellows in hand surgery and joint surgery.
- Centers of excellence include the Callahan Cancer Center, regional reference lab and our diagnostic imaging department, with a 64-dual slice CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, angiography and PET imaging.
- A cutting-edge surgery department featuring six operating rooms and a highly specialized staff.
- An inpatient palliative care program.
- A wound healing center with hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Teaching opportunities with medical students and residents in family medicine and emergency medicine.
To learn more about becoming a physician at Great Plains Health, talk to one of our physician recruiters.
Marcia Baumann is the vice president of physician services, responsible for all physician recruitment and retention activities. Marcia has been with Great Plains Health for more than 20 years and has recruited well over 100 physicians to the North Platte area. She does so out of a passion for the community and the belief in the health system. Her focus is on finding the right candidate and the right fit for the organization. Baumann earned her master’s of education degree with an emphasis in business and her bachelor's in education from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
Pam Childears serves as the first point of contact for all physician recruitment functions, aptly handling the details and logistics of candidate interviews, visits and onboarding. Pam is a relationship-builder who takes time to get to know candidates to fully understand their needs and, when applicable, their family members' needs. Pam has been with Great Plains Health for more than 18 years and received her bachelor's in business administration from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.