The Great Plains Health Callahan Cancer Center is an advanced, one-stop cancer center designed with patient care and convenience in mind. With 15 cancer treatment rooms, an on-site pharmacist and comprehensive cancer services all in the same location, our goal is to make cancer treatment as comfortable and seamless as possible for the patients we serve.
Cutting-edge cancer care accredited by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer as a community cancer center. This designation places us among the top 1/5 of the country's hospitals with approved cancer programs.
A complete suite of cancer treatments
- Comprehensive cancer screenings and community-based cancer prevention programs, so we can catch cancer early or prevent it from even starting.
- Innovative cancer therapies. Our relationship and participation with the National Cancer Registry and Community Cancer Program means that our patients have access to promising new treatments, clinical trials and national research protocols.
- Cancer support services that can help to ease your cancer recovery process, including case management, support groups and palliative care.
- Surgical and thoracic oncology clinic. In collaboration with Nebraska Medicine, our clinic specializes in the clinical evaluation and surgical management of diseases of the chest, liver, pancreas, biliary disorders. After an evaluation, we offer an individualized treatment plan for you.
Our cancer center features:
- Board certified medical and radiation oncologists and hematologists
- Oncology-certified nurses
- An on-site pharmacist
- A caring patient navigator
- Aggressive treatments
- Education and a cancer-specific library
- Support groups
- Home care, palliative care and hospice services
- Nutrition counseling
- Rehabilitation specifically designed for people with cancer
Cancer care close to home
We believe in convenient cancer treatments. That's why we have expanded our medical and radiation oncology programs in the following communities:
- Benkelman: medical oncology, 308.423.2204
- Callaway: medical oncology, 308.836.2228
- Grant: medical oncology, 308.352.7200
- McCook: medical and radiation oncology, 308.344.8285
- Valentine: medical oncology, 308.376.2525
- Broken Bow: medical oncology, 308.872.4157
- Imperial: medical oncology, 308.882.7256
- Ogallala: medical oncology, 308.284.7230
- Gothenburg: medical oncology, 308.537.3661
- Lexington: medical oncology, 308.324.8343
Our cancer team
- Chandrakanth Are, MD
- Kartik Anand, MD
- Rudy Lackner, MD
- Quan Ly, MD
- James Padussis, MD
- Avinash Pasam, MD
- Bradley Reames, MD
- Demytra Mihailidis, MD
- Todd Hlavaty, MD
- Shelby Rademacher, APRN
Annual cancer reports
The more you know about cancer, the more you can do to keep your family safe. At the Callahan Cancer Center, we're working hard to make your cancer education process easy.
Every year, our oncology team creates detailed reports that provide you with information about cancer in Nebraska, including cancer incidence rates based on numbers we've pulled from our cancer center. We also provide information on screening programs, lifestyle changes and other steps you can take to prevent cancer. And we'll show you a little more about the oncologists you can meet with in our North Platte cancer center.
Please browse our issues, and contact our oncology team with any questions you might have. We're here to serve you.
Questions? Giver us a call or simply complete this form.