Our distinctions are your advantage
At Great Plains Health, we are continually focused on advancing and improving the healthcare we deliver every day. Whether it's implementing new technology to improve efficiency or evaluating new ways to improve patient care and customer service, our philosophy is to remain steadfastly focused on finding better ways to improve the patient experience. Continued emphasis on quality, outcomes, patient safety, service and delivery of care has made us west central Nebraska's regional healthcare destination.
Focused on advancing and improving healthcare every day.
While our commitment is the patients we serve, our dedication has earned us accolades on local, state and national levels. Below are just a few of our honors, accreditations and designations:
- The Leapfrog Group Top Rural Hospital 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Rocky Mountain Performance Excellence Peak Award 2019
- Becker's Hospital Review Top 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Nebraska Hospital Association Quest for Excellence Award for diagnostic imaging
- The Leapfrog Group Hospital Safety Grade A, fall 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Nebraska Recreation and Parks Association Wellness Initiative Award, 2016.
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, American Heart Association, 2018 and 2019
- Honored by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the shortest time to TPA (a life-saving and damage-reducing stoke medication) in the state of Nebraska.
- Brandon Hall Excellence Award for Best in Compliance Training, 2013.
- The Leapfrog Group patient safety "A" rating, four rating periods in a row, 2012–2013.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, 2012.
- Silver Award, Joint Commission Resources Flu Vaccine Challenge, 2011–2012.
- Nebraska Hospital Association Quest for Excellence Award for:
- Diagnostic imaging guidelines, 2019
- Antibiotic stewardship, 2017
- Fall reduction, 2015
- Reduction of medication errors, 2012
- Sepsis, 2011
- Fully accredited by CIHQ under its acute care hospital program.
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, Comprehensive Center 2017, 2019
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation 2015.
- CIHQ accreditation in Joint Replacement Surgery.
- CIHQ accredited Primary Stroke Center.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for Hip and Knee Replacement.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accredited Sleep Center