There are more than 200 volunteers who dedicate their time and talents in many different areas throughout the Great Plains Health system. Without them, we would not be as successful as we are in meeting patient's needs.
We offer more than 25 volunteer locations that provide flexible schedules for those who are searching for a meaningful volunteer opporutnity within our health system. Whenever possible, we work to match individual interests and skills
with volunteer assignments. Whether a person can volunteer just one afternoon a month or on a daily basis, we are always appreciative to have an extra caring volunteer to help meet the needs of our patients.
How to become a volunteer
To apply to become a Great Plains Health volunteer, please contact:
Great Plains Health director of volunteer services
Main hospital campus
601 West Leota St.
North Platte, NE 69101
Volunteer programs available
Adult volunteer program
JV Ambassadors (ages 14 to 19)
- Formation of new friendships
- Development of new interests and skills
- Service to the community
- Experience and references for future volunteer opportunities and careers
- Invitations to Great Plains Health programs and activities
- Formal recognition
- Scholarship opportunities
- Monthly volunteer newsletter
- 10% discount at The Gift Box
- Meal vouchers