Located in the heart of the midwest where values are strong and our spirit of accomplishment runs deep, Great Plains Health is the ideal place to balance your passion for medicine and patient care with your need to play outdoors and spend quality time with the ones you love.
Great Plains Health features a fully accredited, independent 116-bed acute care regional medical center serving central Nebraska, northern Kansas and southern South Dakota. With 90 physicians representing nearly 30 medical specialties, the Great Plains Health system offers advanced healthcare including a heart and vascular center, a certified primary stroke center, cancer services and orthopedic surgery services. Great Plains Health is home to a level III trauma center where all emergency room physicians board certified and residency trained in emergency medicine. The system employs more than 930 employees and serves a geographic area spanning approximately 16,000 square miles.
In addition to our regional referral center, Great Plains Health also includes 12 medical clinics, 16 outreach clinics throughout central Nebraska, Regency Retirement Center, Great Plains Health Care Foundation and Great Plains Home Medical Equipment.
Great Plains Health is accredited by the Joint Commission and home to an American College of Surgeons’ accredited cancer center and level II bariatric surgery program.
To learn more about becoming a physician at Great Plains Health, talk to one of our physician recruiters.
We're ready to share our vision for healthcare and tell you about the many
physician opportunities currently available in North Platte.
Location and contact information
Great Plains Health physician services
601 West Leota, PO Box 1167
North Platte, NE 69103
Comprehensive services for the region
Our service line offerings provide residents of central Nebraska with comprehensive medical care:
- Hospitalist program staffed with six Internists serves as the base for specialty care with increased patient satisfaction and decreasing lengths of stay.
- State-of-the-art cardiac care with two full-time cardiologists available for 24/7 care, vascular surgery options and interventional services.
- Full range of neurology services including a certified primary stroke center and sleep lab.
- A spine center and advanced orthopedic services featuring fellows in hand surgery and joint surgery.
- Centers of excellence include the Callahan Cancer Center, regional reference lab and our diagnostic imaging department-64 dual slice CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, angiography and PET imaging.
- A cutting edge surgery department featuring six operating rooms and a highly-specialized staff.
- An inpatient palliative care program.
- A wound healing center with hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Teaching opportunities with medical students and residents in family medicine and emergency medicine.
Meet our physician recruitment staff
Marcia Baumann, vice president of physician services
Pam Childears, physician recruiter