Discharge planning is the process of preparing you to live independently in your home. The purpose is to help maintain the benefits of rehabilitation after you have been released from the program. Planning for your discharge begins soon after your condition has stabilized. You, your family and your stroke team will work together to determine your needs.
If you have any questions about your discharge home from the hospital, please ask your nurse or call us at 308.568.8507.
Your discharge checklist
- I have received discharge instructions.
- I know my diet and nutrition recommendations.
- A follow-up appointment and my physician office number has been provided.
- I have my current list of medications.
- I know what prescriptions I need filled.
- I know the signs and symptoms of stroke and to call 911 early.
- I have all my belongings. I remembered to check the nightstand and closet.
- All my questions have been answered.
- I know my personal risk factors and I can control to help avoid a repeat stroke